EraCal nominated for The Spinoff Prize
EraCal Therapeutics, a spin-off from the University of Zurich and Harvard University, developed a new drug candidate for obesity and is now a finalist for The Spinoff Prize.
Obesity is a major burden for the billions of affected individuals since existing anti-obesity medical therapy is unsatisfactory both in terms of efficacy and safety. Josua Jordi and his team identified dozens of drug compounds that could alter food consumption in zebrafish larvae without affecting spontaneous activity levels. In 2018, EraCal Therapeutics was founded with the aim to bring their appetite-modulating drug candidates to market.
Although EraCal has plans to develop appetite-stimulating drugs for people with chronic weight-loss conditions, the company is currently focusing on a pipeline of appetite suppressants for tackling obesity and its many metabolic complications. Their lead therapeutic candidate, Era-107, reduced the body weight of mice by 14% in just two weeks and even produced none of the side effects that are typical of other therapies. In comparison, other anti-obesity drugs shed less than half as much weight.
EraCal Therapeutics, and their new drug candidate for obesity, are now finalists for The Spinoff Prize. Congratulations!
For more information:
- E.rupt selected in Future of Health Grant program
- Prometheus AG wins Orbital Reef Starter Innovation Challenge
- Prometheus and askEarth join ESA BIC Switzerland
- EraCal Therapeutics collaborates with Nestlé Health Science
- SingMax is the winner of the Bootcamp 2022
- aiEndoscopic wins Swiss Innovation Challenge
- PayMate is the winner team of the UZH Innovathon
- Arcton pitch at Start-up Nights
- Navignostics raises CHF 7.5M in seed financing round
- MUVON Therapeutics: Phase II clinical trial started
- We are hiring: Innovation Coordinator 50%
- Clemedi releases Tuberculini
- UZH spin-off Recolony idolized in 20 minutes
- InCephalo AG receives EIT Health Gold Track grant
- Entrepreneurial researchers at the Credit Suisse Entrepreneurs' Conference
- Partnering to foster the entrepreneurial journey
- Breaking communication barriers for better social inclusion
- Approval for new alzheimer’s drug developed at UZH
- Driving innovation for impact together!
- Molecular Partners teams up with Novartis to develop COVID-19 therapies
- Biotech spin-offs University of Zurich
- Join the U21 RISE Competition - Submit your environmental and/or societal development project until 18th November 2020!
- Shape the future of digital transformation - Apply for the Digital Entrepreneurship Bootcamp until 9 October 2020!
- Futurepreneuship's "Young professional program": Apply until 30 September 2020
- Italian Bilateral Scientific Cooperation Award: Apply until 31 August 2020
- Pitch prize for intubation aid - Entrepreneur Fellow Dave Gage in interview
- Increased Usability and Precision in Vascular Imaging
- Venture Leaders Life Sciences program
- Entrepreneur in the incubator
- Future.preneurship - Internships to explore Innovation: Apply until April 24!
- Refining Breast Cancer Classification by Multiplexed Imaging
- $60 Million for Swiss Startups - Successful Founders to Launch Venture Fund
- Milk from Teeth: Dental Stem Cells Can Generate Milk-Producing Cells
- Antibiotics with Novel Mechanism of Action Discovered
- UZH Spin-off OxyPrem put their innovative oxygen sensors in use in neonatal clinics around the world
- How Digitalization Changes Medicine
- The World of Future.preneurship
- Economic Region of Zurich is European Champion in Innovation
- EraCal Therapeutics and Legartis in Top 30 >>venture>> Finalists
- Switzerland tops European Biotech Start-Up Ranking
- HOOKIPA Pharma Announces Pricing of Initial Public Offering
- Student entrepreneurship at research-intensive universities. From a peripheral activity towards a new mainstream
- Yannick Devaud won 10'000 CHF from Venture Kick
- UZH spin-off Anaveon successfully closed a CHF 35 million Series A financing
- Future.preneurship: Application is now open for students
- UZH Innovation Hub is live!
- Winner Social Entrepreneurship Seminar 2018