Female Founders - Startup Stories special edition
Of all company founders in Switzerland, only approximately 20% are female and the percentage for science- and tech-based startups is even lower. We want to show aspiring female founders that there are many inspiring female role models out there.
Who can participate?
Women interested in entrepreneurship and women empowerment who are considering starting their own business; especially motivated and ambitious members of a Swiss university or University of Applied Sciences (students, doctoral students, postdocs, professors etc.).
Fireside Chat speakers
Isabelle Siegrist has been helping to build up companies across Switzerland since 2014, first for 2 years at startups.ch as CIO and then with her own company builder Sandborn. She supports entrepreneurs and corporates from various industries in scaling (from idea validation, product/service development, market entry to growth financing), builds companies of her own and invests in Startups. Isabelle was recognized as one of the TOP 100 Businesswomen in Switzerland 2018, 2019 and 2020 and is a Forbes 30 under 30 Alumna (2019), studied Business Innovation at HSG and majored in Social Entrepreneurship at ESCP Europe. She is a coach at Innosuisse and regularly teaches at various colleges and universities on entrepreneurship topics.
Xiao Jean Chen
As an award-winning business and technology hybrid, Xiao Jean (XJ) Chen builds smart tools to make venture capital faster, better and equitable. Their mission is to end gender injustice in venture capital. They are the winner of the FemBizSwiss Award, ambassador of Google Women Techmakers, juror of the Digital Entrepreneurship Competition at the University of Zurich, mentor at Startupbootcamp, researcher in management, programmer at 13 hackathons, angel investor, and ex-consultant in Hong Kong. XJ founded VenturePole in Switzerland, an AI-powered venture investment platform that is armed with smart tools, including Investment Risk Rating, Valuation Calculator, Company Strength & Weakness Analysis, as well as automated due diligence. VenturePole builds AI-powered tools that help founders get investment-ready and investors make higher returns. Their tools are unbiased and factor in a diversity surplus to level the playing field for female founders.
Belén Bolliger is Co-Founder of OiOiOi, a Swiss-based rental service for children’s clothing, that enables parents to effortlessly subscribe for baby clothes and swap them for the next size whenever needed. Launched in 2020 with the vision to make sustainability easily accessible through an excellent rental model, OiOiOi is now transforming the way parents manage their children’s wardrobe.
Claudia is the founder and CEO of the recruiting platform Lionstep. Before founding Lionstep in 2016, she worked in strategy consulting and completed her Master’s degree in Management and Economics at the University of Zurich. Lionstep helps companies identify, seek and hire new people in a unique combination of artificial intelligence and human interaction. Always committed to create the best candidate- and client-experience, the Lionstep experts are responsible for thousands of new employee-employer relationships. The company has quickly gained a foothold in the European market and employs more than 80 people. Over 900 Companies use the platform on a daily basis.
- SDG Pitch Event - Building a Sustainable Future
- ZKB Pioneerprize
- BRIDGE Special call for Bachelor and Master graduates
- Driving innovation for impact together - UZH Innovators Camp 2022
- 2nd UZH Healthy Longevity Innovation Days
- Venture Pole Female Founders Award – Apply until June 19th
- UZH Digital Innovation Grants - Application Deadline 1 June 2022
- UZH Innovators Camp - Application Deadline deadline 22 May 2022
- Call for rapid action proposals - Application Deadline May 2nd
- Startup Stories from Digital Entrepreneurs
- UZH Entrepreneur Fellowships - Application Deadline 15 April 2022
- >>venture>> Startup Competition - Application Deadline 3 March 2022
- Talentkick: Start your entrepreneurial journey now! - Application Deadline 10 December 2021
- Startup Campus: My Job? Entrepreneur! - 10 November 2021
- UZH Bio & MedTech Entrepreneur Fellowships - Application Deadline 15 October 2021
- UZH Digital Entrepreneurship Bootcamp - Application Deadline 20 September 2021
- Call for Falling Walls Lab - Application Deadline August 22nd
- Innovathon 2021: The Digitalization of Mobility - Application Deadline August 20th
- Decarbonising Cities Hackathon - Application Deadline August 17th
- InCube Challenge - Application Deadline July 31
- Driving innovation for impact together - UZH Innovators Camp 2021
- Innovative Teaching Fund - Application Deadline July 1st
- 1st UZH Healthy Longevity Innovation Days
- CASSINI Hackathon 18.-20. June 2021
- UZH Innovators Camp - Application Deadline deadline 23 May 2021
- >>Space Café<< by UZH Space Hub
- UZH Digital Entrepreneurship Grants - Application Deadline 15 May 2021
- Female Founders in Switzerland
- UZH Entrepreneur Fellowships - Application Deadline 15 April 2021
- >>venture>> Startup Competition - Application Deadline 24 March 2021
- Project-Call DIZH Innovation Program - Application Deadline 01 March 2021
- Become a changemaker for sustainability - Application Deadline 24 February 2021
- Startup Campus: Feel the Start-up Groove - 22 February 2021
- Info Event: CSL Research Acceleration Initiative 2021
- >>venture>> Startup Competition - Kickoff 10 February 2021
- Social Entrepreneurship Seminar - Application Deadline 31 January 2021
- Experience the future of digital transformation - Digital Entrepreneurship Bootcamp Pitch Event!
- Shape the future of digital transformation - Apply for the Digital Entrepreneurship Bootcamp until 9 October 2020!
- MindSet 2020: Psychedelics- Therapy of the Future?
- Future.preneuship - Young professional program: Apply until 30 September 2020!
- InCube Alpine Edition
- Future.preneurship - Internships to explore Innovation: Apply until May 5th!
- Swissnex Workshop: How to Innovate NOW
- Greater Zurich Area Webinars
- SEIF Awards 2020: Tech for Impact
- Future Food Fellowship
- From idea to commercialisation - Join the training roadshow on March 11th, 2020
- Venture Leaders Life Sciences 2020 in Boston: Apply until March 8th, 2020!
- SEIF Impact Academy
- ReThink3R Workshop: Design Thinking on the 3R, 18. & 19. February 2020
- UZH Entrepreneur Fellowship Focus Event
- Digital Entrepreneurship Bootcamp: Final Pitches
- Venture Leaders Technology Roadshow 2020
- Global Student Entrepreneur Awards 2020
- Save the date: LSZ Impact Conference - the Cause of Health - February 3rd, 2020 in Zurich!
- From Zero to Hero
- Digital Entrepreneurship Bootcamp
- ZKB Pioneer Prize - apply until September 22nd, 2019
- Apply for the UZH Entrepreneur Fellowships by September 15th, 2019!
- BRIDGE Proof of Concept: Submit your project until September 9th!
- Digital Day 2019
- Falling Walls Lab 2019: Apply until August 9th!
- swissnex San Francisco «Innovation Camp», 14-25 October 2019
- Swiss Blockchain Hackathon Trust Square
- Venture Leaders Fintech Roadshow 2019
- ESA BIC Switzerland Info Event in Zurich
- feminno «Career Program for Innovative Women in Life Sciences» // Call for Application until 24th of May 2019!
- Pint of Science Festival 2019
- Swisscom StartUp Challenge 2019
- Conference "Autonomous Security Systems"
- seif Awards 2019 «Tech for Impact»
- Future.preneurship | Info Event for Students
- Venture Leaders China Roadshow 2019 (apply by March 12th, 2019)
- Unbox Your Idea «ETH Student Project House»
- STARTUP CAMPUS «Business Creation for Social Entrepreneurs»
- Venture Leaders Life Sciences Roadshow 2019 (Bewerbung offen bis 04.03.2019)
- Innosuisse Start-up Training @UZH
- ZLSD 2019
- Bewirb Dich für den Global Student Entrepreneur Award (GSEA) Call for Submission 24.12.2018
- swissnexDay’18 «Connecting the Blocks, Unchaining the Blockchain»