Shape the future of digital transformation!
The University of Zurich offers the first “Digital Entrepreneurship: Bootcamp” for aspiring entrepreneurs in the digital sector. The Kickbox innovation process will guide you through the bootcamp and introduce you to “lean startup” tools.
Work on your own startup idea
During the bootcamp you will focus your time and resources on your own startup idea. The Kickbox process will help you along the way to work independently on the validation and prototyping of a customer centered product. Bring your own idea or join an entrepreneurial team for 8 weeks and work together on a digital product. Each team will receive a prototyping budget of 100 CHF.
Apply by 18 February 2019
Kick-off: 14 March
- Inspiration and motivation
- Guest speaker Loïc Schülé, CEO Denteo
- Meet your peers and find your team
- Record a one-minute video pitch
- Start the Kickbox process
- One-sentence pitch
- Design ideal customer personas
- Problem solution fit with value proposition canvas
- Business development with business model canvas
- Visualization and rapid prototyping
- Test your first prototype with customer interviews and validate
Mid-term: 11 April
- Present results of your first prototype
- Share learnings and challenges
- Qualitative customer interviews
- Validation with quantitative customer tests
- Refine your business case (B2C, B2B, B2B2C)
Final Pitch: 9 May
- Final pitch in front of expert jury
- 6 min. presentation, 6min Q&A
- Winning team receives wild card to an advanced coaching bootcamp and a price of 500 CHF
- Prof. Dr. Harald Gall - Dean of the Faculty of Business, Economics, and Informatics, UZH
- Katka Letzing - Program Lead, Kickstart Accelerator
- Dr. Maria Olivares - Head of Innovation, UZH
- Prof. Dr. Michael Schaepman - Vice President Research, UZH
Kickoff meeting: 14 March 2019, 9:00 – 13:00
Progress pitch: 11 April 2019, 9:00 – 13:00
Final pitch: 9 May 2019, 15:00 – 19:00
The possibility of receiving 3 ECTS-credits is currently evaluated within faculties.
The Kickbox process
UZH students and researchers of all faculties who are motivated to work entrepreneurially on a digital product idea. Participants with determined project ideas or existing technologies are welcomed.
- Prof. Dr. Harald Gall - Dean of the Faculty of Business, Economics, and Informatics
- Dr. Maria Olivares - UZH Head of Innovation
- Katrin Winiarski - UZH Innovation Officer